Membership of HIMAA is available in several categories - Full, Associate, Student, and Organisational.
As a Member, you will have:
- Copies of the HIMAA e-newsletter e-mailed direct to your desktop. To keep you up to date with the latest information to help with your career as a HIM professional.
- Opportunities to network with health information management professionals at local, state, national and international forums
- Opportunities to develop and maintain competencies and standards in health information management via HIMAA's Professional Development Program.
- The opportunity to participate in HIMAA's Professional Credentialling Scheme to enhance your standing as a HIM professional (Full and Associate Members only).
- Access to specialist educational resources and publications
- Automatic membership of HIMAA branches
- Opportunities to participate in special interest groups such as Private Hospitals, Rural Health Information, Casemix, IT and Quality Management
- Opportunities to participate at HIMAA Conferences
- Advance information about conferences, seminars and workshops and other events
- Preferential rates for attending conferences, seminars and workshops
- Access to the Association’s refereed Health Information Management Journal, in online and hardcopy formats.
- Enhanced career opportunities. Membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia Ltd is a desirable selection criteria for some positions
- Ability to post your availability for employment on the HIMAA WorkWeb pages at no cost.
- Affiliation with associated organisations in the public and private sector across health, IT, performance management and evaluation.